Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Library

Hadn't been to our local library in awhile. Busy writing a new novel, articles and stories and when I have the time to relax buying and reading a new eBook. When I walked past the library yesterday, I was shocked when I read that it is now closed on Sundays and offers fewer hours on Thursdays. Remembering my childhood, all I could think of were today's children who have parents who are unemployed, underemployed or just can't afford all the books necessary to learn.

The books I borrowed from the library made a great difference in my life allowing me to study the way other people lived and introducing me to other countries. Reading Edna Ferber's Show Boat made me long for a career in the theatre and I tried and succeeded after reading every play and theatre biography on the shelves. Most of all, the books I read transported me to other worlds, a lifelong love of reading and a second career as a writer.

Did you, as a child, haunt libraries the way I did?

Bests,

Elise

My cozy mystery, titled Scene Stealer, is available through Amazon, Carina Press, Barnesand Noble and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio version has been produced by audible.com


Download hot ebooks from Carina PressAudiobooks at audible.com!

1 comment:

  1. I neglect libraries these days as I tend to buy ebooks. I feel guilty about that neglect because I feel strongly that every child should have access to all the free books they can read. It's sad to see libraries falling on hard times.

    ReplyDelete