Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

EDITORS

Editors I have loved--platonically--and lost leave a gap in my life and I imagine in the lives of my fellow writers. The world of magazines has changed along with paper and print. There are three editors I miss in particular. One edited for an on-line publication that sold property in Europe and Asia but used short pieces about travel destinations, restaurants and museums within those countries. Once an article that I wrote was accepted, I wrote a good deal about travel for them. They also had several print publications that paid larger fees and several of my longer pieces appeared in those. I enjoyed working with the two editors as they published the types of pieces I enjoyed writing and they clearly defined the publication's needs.

After a few years the publication was sold and one editor left for a technical magazine--I don't know what became of the other but I wish them both exciting and fulfilling futures.

The third editor worked on a historical e-magazine and I don't know why but the articles I wrote never reached her desk until--one day--my contact went on vacation and the editor found the first piece I had written. It was published and led to two more and a third requested. Unfortunately--the magazine went under.

I guess I've been fortunate in finding editors that are so good at what they do that I not only miss writing for their publications but I miss both their corrections, humor and dedication.

Do you miss special editors and publications?

Bests,

Elise

My cozy mystery titled Scene Strealer is available at Amazon, Barnesand Noble, Carina Press and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio version has been produced by audible.com


Download hot ebooks from Carina PressAudiobooks at audible.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment