Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

CLASSICS

 
     Cartoon courtesy of Kenneth Austin Kowi

     On Saturdays, if I'm awake by 8:00 AM, I listen to Naomi Lewin's Classics for Kids. I began enjoying classics rather late in life and being just a kid at heart, I find the program an absolute delight. For example, I learned that the Beef Council uses Aaron Copland's Hoedown from the ballet Rodeo as its theme song. Many other favorite classical pieces have been used in commercials. From Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries--cereal, soup, cheese and flying have employed the classics to encourage us to enjoy and buy their products.

     Classics for Kids helps me begin the day with a smile.

Bests,

Elise
Download hot ebooks from Carina Press Audiobooks at audible.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment