Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween





My cousin Randy's birthday coincided with Halloween and when we were children we would spend the afternoon stuffing ourselves with candied apples, corn candy and ice cream in-between playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey and bobbing for apples. My Aunt Betty would make a slit in each apple and insert a penny. A treasure for a child. One birthday, Randy swallowed the penny and the doctor advised letting nature take its course. Eventually it did. My father won the penny (I never did find out why,) and claimed it would bring him luck.

Whenever my parents, aunts, uncles and friends got together for a fierce game of penny and two poker, my father would bring out the penny. The penny's magic didn't work when my father played cards but he kept on trying. Perhaps the luck was in the laughter and love we found in the family.

Bests,

Elise
My cozy eBook mystery titled Scene Stealer is available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Carina Prress and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio version has been produced by Audible.com








Download hot <span class=ebooks from Carina Press" src="http://www.tqlkg.com/e2106g04tzxIMSSNPJJIKJQSKSQS"><span class=Audiobooks at audible.com!" src="http://www.tqlkg.com/oq68r6Az42OSYYTVPPOQPSXTWTY">

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I'd never heard of putting a penny in an apple for luck. Interesting. :) Glad things turned out okay for Randy!

    ReplyDelete