Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC



Before I begin to make the coffee in the morning, I turn on WQXR, the public radio station in New York--the only one that plays classical music. I continue listening as I fix breakfast, clear the dishes, and make the bed. When I sit down at the computer to begin writing, the music plays in the background--the radio stays in the kitchen and the music is muted allowing me to concentrate on the characters that will become the most important part of a story or novel. While I love jazz and show tunes--once upon a time singing in shows and small clubs--I would now find lyrics intrusive. A distraction from my work.



Would love to know if other writers call on music as they begin their work?



My cozy mystery eBook is available at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Carina Press and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio book has been produced by Audible.com


Bests,



Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment