Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

World's Foremost Legal Forger

June 19th is father's day and I'd like to tell you about my dad.

What does your dad do for a living? Not a cop, lawyer, salesman or chef--I always enjoyed telling my elementary schoolmates at show and tell what my father did for a living. He was a forger-- known as the World's Foremost Legal Forger and he made a living forging signatures. Motion picture celebrities and musicians too busy to sign their own names to photographs, business men who wanted to send a personalized letter on behalf of a charity, advertisements--anything legal. There were very few forgers--honest ones around in his day and several articles were written about him. He had dreamed of being an artist and when he copied pictures as a child, he also copied the artist's signature never dreaming that would lead to his career as a forger.

He had a pixie sense of humor and loved puns so did my mother's brothers and when the family got together, each tried to top the other. He loved poker, played conservatively--penny and two were the stakes--and almost always lost. My mother-in-law's baked beans and cheesecake were his favorite dishes. I miss him.

It would be nice to think of him in a better world fulfilling his dream, painting his pictures--a happy man.

Bests,

Elise

My cozy mystery, titled Scene Stealer, is available at Amazon, Carina Press, Barnes and Noble and wherever eBooks are sold. An audio version has been produced by Audible.com


Download hot ebooks from Carina PressAudiobooks at audible.com!

1 comment:

  1. Such an interesting profession and he sounded like a lovely man. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete